Vie ferrate close to the valley have turned into an absolute recreational hit in the last few years because they make it possible to enjoy breathtaking views without having to trek endlessly uphill covered in sweat. The combination of enjoying nature and caring for the environment, as well as avoiding conflict and meeting safety requirements is also supported by the funding of vie ferrate.
What does it offer?
As with the climbing gardens, the use of a funded via ferrata comes with lots of advantages. Due consideration is paid both to environmental issues and the wishes of mountain sport fans.
The following criteria apply to a funded via ferrata:
- High safety requirements on the basis of the guidelines of the Austrian Board for Alpine Safety have to be met (Via Ferrata Handbook)
- Optimal quality in the sense of modern via ferrata technology
- Negative effects on nature and landscape are avoided in construction
- Signposting based on the Tyrolean Mountain Trail Plan
- Contractual usage agreements with all landowners
Funded vie ferrate - where are they?
In Tyrol there are all together 36 funded vie ferrate spread over all nine districts.
- Simmswasserfall Holzgau
- Hanauer Hütte
- Lehner Wasserfall
- Auer Klamm